Need to come up with an idea for an elf on the shelf for Christmas decor 2021 at the last minute? My kids love Santa Claus to deliver our elves to our house during the holiday season! They always look forward to waking up in the morning to see when our magic elves come back from the North Pole. Where will they see him! Will he show up in the bathroom? On the counter? Will he come with gifts? A few days after moving, house-elves may be an item for mom and dad. If it’s too late and you need the idea of a simple wizard, you are in the right place!
Related: 40 Easy and Fun Elf on the Shelf Ideas
Related: 30 Awesome Christmas Makeup Ideas to Try This Holiday
From December 1st to Christmas Eve, I have put our elf on the shelf for seven years. If you need new and simple sprite settings, then you have come to the right place! Below is my list of elf on the shelf ideas for lazy moms or lazy dads, which can inspire you!
How to do Elf on the Shelf Tips
- Buy some chewing gum and stick it on the back of the elf’s head. This will help you attach the elves around the house.
- Keep the elves out of the children’s reach. If your self-setting does not interfere with your daily life, it will make things easier.
- The elves should not make a mess. If your elf is making a flour angel, or you are making a setting with marshmallows, first lay the parchment paper for cleaning
- Little elves should not bring gifts- this is my opinion, but children nowadays receive many blessings at this time of year. I didn’t ask my elf to bring skills to the children, except for a cereal box or a candy cane.
- Use items you already have at home. Use children’s toys, family photos, toilet paper rolls, paper towels, sugar crumbs, straws, blankets, toothpaste, jars, or other household items. There is no need to go out and buy many things to install.
35+ ways to put elf for Christmas
I must admit that our elf has been a lazy elf for the past few years. We put him on a very high surface for many nights, such as the refrigerator, the sink, or the wall above the sofa. But I do like to work hard every three days or so. You can create many exciting settings with minimal effort.